- 4 cups cooked chicken cubed (seasoned with salt, pepper, ginger juice to taste)
- 15 dry red whole chillies (cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts
- Combine vinegar, sugar, dark soya sauce and 3 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in cup of water
- 6 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan chili (optional)
- Heat the wok with oil, brown the red chillies until you smell a strong chili fragrance.
- Stir in the chopped garlic.
- Immediately add in the chicken and the sauce, continue to stir fry until the liquid begins to caramelized (be careful not to burn it).
- Add in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Taste the sauce to see if it needs additional soya sauce, sugar, cooking wine or vinegar.
- Once it is to taste, thicken the sauce with the corn mixture. Top it off with roasted cashew nuts and serve.