The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a resource for new families settling into a new life at SAS and in Singapore. We aim to provide information, assistance, and friendship for newcomers as they transition into the SAS community. Other PTA services include the sale of school uniforms through the PTA Shop, processing Scholastic Book orders for preschool through grade eight students, and various social events such as the Open House Ice Cream Social, welcome coffees, and Staff Appreciation Day.
At the grassroots divisional level, PTA divisional representatives muster a corps of parent volunteers to implement all PTA-sponsored activities within each division, including classroom and field trip assistance to teachers, parties, special events, room parent programs, class pictures, and graduation events for grade eight and twelve students.
The mission of the SAS PTA:
- Supports and enhances the school program
- Welcomes new families
- Promotes a spirit of community by offering assistance, information, and friendship
- Encourages parental support and participation in order to enrich the educational experiences of our children
The PTA raises funds to support the following:
- Publication and distribution of the PTA school calendar
- SAS divisional requests for equipment and program support
- High school interim semester scholarships
- High school senior scholarships
- Educational speakers and artists visit to SAS