Community Sports and Activities
Singapore American School Community Sports and Activities (CSA) offers programs for SAS and non-SAS students from elementary to high school. All CSA programs take place on Singapore American School's campus.
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3|
|Registration: August 10-19||Registration: Oct 24 - Nov 2||Registration: February 2-8|
|Season Begins: August 29||Season Begins: November 14||Season Begins: February 20|
EAGLE CLUB Programs
Eagle Clubs provide the opportunity to organically organize sports and activities that are not part of the Eagle Pathway, or that may be a part of the pathway but allow student involvement and training beyond the season. These clubs will be demand driven, pay to participate (cost recovery), and second priority regarding access to facilities and coaching. Eagle Club participants will be able to compete as representatives of SAS, when approved, in local and regional leagues and competitions.
CSA has formed partnerships with vendors for programs that are not or cannot be offered on SAS' campus. Partners have been chosen by the quality of their programs and alignment with SAS' philosophical approach. Please contact vendors directly for program information.Competitive Trampolining
Community Sports and Activities also offers activity programs through our office.
Payment Voucher System
SAS is pleased to announce a new payment system for on-campus private coaching sessions. In the past, parents and coaches organized all aspects of such coaching privately, and these cash-based agreements bypassed school oversight and government regulations. To standardize and legalize such arrangements, SAS is instituting a voucher-based payment system for all CSA and other school-contracted sports coaches who offer private coaching sessions. Coaches and parents will be obligated to adhere to this new payment system, while continuing to set costs and other details privately.
How will the system work?
- Parents may buy vouchers in S$10 and S$50 denominations at the Booster Booth or order them online. To cover GST (7 percent), CPF contributions (17 percent), and other costs, these vouchers will cost parents S$11 and S$55 respectively.
- Vouchers will be in paper form only.
- Vouchers ordered online may be picked up at the Booster Booth.
- Vouchers will be non-refundable and for the current school year only.
- Parents pay for private lessons with vouchers - no cash payments.
- Coaches turn in vouchers to SAS and receive the face value of each voucher (S$10 or S$50) in their monthly SAS paychecks.
- Coaches’ earnings from private sessions are automatically reported to the government, fulfilling SAS and employee income reporting obligations.
- SAS pays GST and CPF costs out of the 10 percent surcharge paid by parents, fulfilling government tax and pension fund requirements.
|9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||6360 firstname.lastname@example.org|