Like all schools in Singapore, SAS has a dress code and students are to remain in school uniform for the entire school day.
The SAS student uniform consists of a white polo shirt with an embroidered logo and navy bottoms, also with an embroidered logo. Students require both regular uniforms and PE uniforms. Alternate dress days occur twice each month and are noted on the school calendar.
A white or blue SINGAPORE sweatshirt (purchased at the Booster Club Booth) or a solid navy blue or white sweater or sweatshirt (with no commerical logos, stripes, or designs) may be worn over an SAS uniform shirt.
A solid white undershirt or white SAS t-shirt may be worn under the official SAS uniform polo shirt.
Uniforms can be purchased on campus at the PTA office or the Booster Booth, or through their online stores.
Uniform pants for boys and girls can be ordered through Lands End at https://www.landsend.com/pp/px/schoolaccount.
Click on "Find my school using my preferred school number" at the bottom.
The SAS preferred school number is 900054461.
Lands’ End offers delivery to Singapore.
- Uniforms should be clean, neat, properly sized, and free from holes, tears, or frayed areas.
- Uniforms must be worn as purchased and may not be altered in any way. This includes rolling up shorts and rolling down skirts.
- The embroidered school logo (on the bottom hem) must be visible at all times.
- PE shorts may not be worn for regular classes.
- Underwear may not be visible at any time.
- For your safety, shoes must be worn at all times.
- Only appropriate and safe footwear with heels lower than 4 cm or 1.5 inches are permitted.
- Single plug flip-flops, beach or sport sandals, and Crocs are not permitted.
- Students are required to wear the SAS logo shorts and uniform t-shirts.
- Student names should be printed on the front of their PE shirts in the white space provided, below the logo.
- Tennis shoes or athletic footwear suitable to the activity are required.
- Socks must be worn and should not be the same socks worn with the school uniform.
- Swimsuits may be any color, but must be one-piece for girls in a modest style.
- Hats, caps, sunglasses, and sunscreen are strongly encouraged for all outdoor activities.
- Jewelry should be removed prior to PE.
- Valuables should not be brought to the locker room. This includes money, cell phones, or any valuable item.
- Only noiseless, safe jewelry is permitted.
- Jewelry may not be distracting or offensive.
- Tongue or other body piercing jewelry is not permitted.
- Boys may wear a single stud earring in each ear.
- Hats and sunglasses may be worn outside or during PE; sunglasses and hats are not permitted indoors unless under a doctor’s orders.
Alternate Dress Days
- Two Wednesdays a month are designated as “alternate dress” days. These days allow student choice in what they wear, within the limits of a few guidelines:
- Hair, shoes, and accessories must align with the regular dress day requirements.
- Knee length shorts, knee length skirts & dresses, or long pants are permitted.
- Jeans are acceptable as long as they are clean and in good repair (no holes or fraying).
- Clothing should send a positive message. Clothing which depicts drugs, alcohol, profanity, or sexual innuendo is prohibited.
- Tank tops, spaghetti straps, strapless, or midriff tops are not allowed.
- Shoulders must be covered.
Special Dress/Holiday Dress/Game and Performance Attire
- Jerseys, club, and performance recognition shirts may be worn in the place of the white SAS uniform polo shirt on special occasions as approved by the administration.
- Students must wear uniform bottoms with a top that aligns with the school dress code and the spirit/holiday dress requirements.
- Costumes should align with the school dress code and the spirit/holiday dress requirements.
- Spirit/holiday dress days are not “alternate dress days.” Students are expected to be in uniform if they choose not to participate fully with the theme of the day.