Free Webinar for SAS Parents: How Families Can Stay Strong During Coronavirus Times by Dr. Lea Waters
You're invited to join a webinar by Dr. Lea Waters, psychologist and one of the world's leading experts in parenting and positive psychology, on Friday, May 22 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Dr. Waters will speak about helping families understand the changes and challenges they are experiencing and to come out of COVID-19 as a stronger family.The pace, intensity, and magnitude of the COVID-19 has the whole world reeling. The move to social distancing, remote working, and distance learning (necessary steps to stop the spread of COVID-19) has had many knock-on effects to family life as we know it. Cabin fever, high stress, less productivity, and daily challenges are things families are facing across the globe.
- Dealing with cabin fever: Tips for distance learning and working from home.
- How to talk about stress, anxiety, and disappointment.
- How to boost positive emotions.
- Using COVID-19 as a time to build our strengths.
- Creating positive family practices and rituals.
- Staying connected and showing kindness to people outside of the family.
There will be a 50-minute keynote followed by a 20-minute Q&A facilitated by members of the SAS counseling team and dean of student life.