- What is the alumni directory?
- What are the features of the alumni directory?
- How do I login to the directory?
- I am not in the alumni directory. How can I be included?
- How do I update my information in the directory?
- How do I remove myself from the directory?
- I am a former parent or former faculty/staff of SAS, why am I included in the directory?
- Who can access the directory?
- Are there any limitations on how I use the alumni directory?
- I am unable to login to the directory. What could be the problem?
- I can be designated as a mentor in the directory. What does this mean?
The alumni directory is powered by Evertrue. By partnering with Evertrue, alumni are able to search geographically for other alumni and to see career information imported from Linkedin.
The alumni directory, powered by Evertrue, is available on your desktop as well as mobile app. It allows you to search a geographic location and will provide a map and list of all alumni in the area. Evertrue does not know your location at all times; it simply uses the address in the SAS database and places that location on a map. The alumni directory has the added benefit of incorporating Linkedin information into alumni profiles.
To login, you will use either your email address or your Linkedin account. If signing in with your email address, please use the email address SAS has on file for you.
If you are an SAS graduate, former student, former parent, or former faculty or staff and you are not currently listed in the directory, it is because either we have your record flagged as not wanting to be listed in the directory or we do not have your updated information in our database. Please complete this form so that we can include you in the directory.
You may update your information in the directory by clicking “Manage settings” under your profile. Then you will select “Update my profile” to update your information. If your information has changed, please also let the alumni office know by updating your information in our database (scroll down the page and click on “Update my contact information”).
You can go into “Manage settings” under your profile in the directory and then select “Make my profile visible to only me” under “Profile visibility”. This will ensure that no one else will see your profile. We also ask that you send the alumni office an email message at email@example.com asking us to remove you from the directory to ensure that your request has been recorded in our database for the future.
Because all graduates, former students, former parents and former faculty and staff are considered alumni of SAS, all alumni over the age of 18 are included in the directory unless you have previously requested to not be included.
If you do not want to be included in the directory, you may go into “Manage settings” under your profile in the directory and then select “Make my profile visible to only me” under “Profile visibility”. This will ensure that no one else will see your profile. We also ask that you send the alumni office an email message at firstname.lastname@example.org asking us to remove you from the directory to ensure that your request has been recorded in our database for the future.
The SAS alumni directory is intended for alumni personal use only, as well as communication between SAS and its alumni. Do not share alumni contact information with people outside of the SAS community and do not use alumni information to create a separate database or mailing list. Use of the directory for any commercial, public, or political purposes (including sale, solicitation, promotion, market research, surveying, etc.) is strictly prohibited. By using or accessing the search tools in the directory, you agree to these terms.
If you are unable to login to the directory, there may be several reasons:
- You may be using a link to an old SAS directory. As of October 2017, we are using a new provider, Evertrue, for our directory. The link to the new SAS directory is: https://community.evertrue.com/sasedu
- You have not yet set up an account for this new directory. Since this is a different directory than what we used previously, please create your account and login information here.
- You may be using login information that you used to access our old SAS portal to log into this directory. This new directory is separate from our alumni portal and you will need to set up a new account for this directory.
- The email address you are using doesn’t match the email address SAS has on file for you.
If you are unable to login or create a new account for yourself, please email the alumni office at email@example.com.
If you choose to be a mentor through the directory, it means that you can share your professional expertise with other alumni. This allows alumni to contact you directly. The alumni office does not manage the relationship between the mentor and mentee. If you elect to become a mentor, users will see a "Mentor" tag on your profile. If you would like to serve as a mentor, select “Become a mentor” under your settings.
- What is the alumni portal?
- I am having trouble logging into the alumni portal. What could be the problem?
As of October 2017, the alumni portal has been updated. There are only two items behind our portal now: SAS Islander yearbooks and a link to update your contact information. All other information is on our alumni website and does not require a login. The new alumni directory, powered by Evertrue, is no longer behind the portal, but you do need to login to access it using separate login information from the alumni portal.
If you are having trouble logging into the portal, please go through the following steps to troubleshoot:
- The first step is to make sure you login to our new portal and not using the link to our old alumni portal. Do not use any old bookmarked or saved links to the portal or the directory since they will not work.
- Because this is a new alumni portal, everyone needs to create a new password for themselves when logging in for the first time. Either click onto “forgot password” to create a new password or click here to reset your password. You will be sent an email from Veracross with your new username for you to login to the portal.
- If you are using a different email address to login to the portal than what the alumni office has on record for you, then you will not gain access. To ensure SAS has your most updated primary email address, please complete this form.
- If you are sharing an email address with others in your household, the system will not be able to grant you access. Please complete this form for each person so that we can ensure each alum has a different email address and, therefore, a separate account.
- The alumni office does not have contact information on all SAS alumni. To be sure we have your contact information, please complete this form so that you can have access to the portal.
For SAS alumni, Parchment is used to electronically send transcripts to locations all over the world - whether to a college, employer, or other organization. Whether you're applying to college, grad school, or your dream job, sending your official transcript is fast and efficient through our relationship with Parchment.
There is a small fee payable to Parchment for this service, but the advantage of electronic transmittal means that the transcript will arrive at its destination quickly.
Note: If you are a current SAS student or National Serviceman who has not yet started college, please contact your counselor to have your official transcripts sent in support of your college applications.