- Who is considered an alumni of SAS?
- How do I schedule a visit to SAS?
- Can I have a tour of campus?
- I understand there are some changes for alumni wanting to visit SAS. What do I need to know about visiting?
- Why did SAS make changes to policies and procedures for alumni who want to visit?
- What if I want to come to campus to visit and don’t make an appointment in advance?
- Can recent graduates or former students come to school to hang out and catch up with friends?
- I am a former student and I am attending a different elementary school, middle school or high school. Can I come back to campus to visit?
- I have an alumni ID card. Can I use that to gain access to campus?
- As an alum, can I use the APEX facilities and the track?
- What if I am an alumni and my parent(s) work at SAS? Do I have to schedule an appointment every time I want to come onto campus?
- What if I am an alumni and my sibling(s) currently attend SAS? Do I have to schedule an appointment every time I want to come onto campus?
- What if I am an alumni and I advise a club or coach a team or I am doing some work on campus? Do I have to schedule an appointment every time I want to come onto campus?
- What else do I need to know about visiting SAS?
Of course! We are happy to give tours to alumni who have never been to the Woodlands campus or who have not been here in a long time. Just complete the campus visit form to let us know you’d like a tour!
Alumni will need to make an appointment to visit at least 24 hours in advance through a campus visit form. In addition, alumni may not stay on campus indefinitely and without a specific purpose for the visit. Alumni should either make an appointment with the alumni office and have them serve as their sponsor during their visit or alumni can make appointments in advance to see a teacher, coach, or staff member. Finally, if alumni have been issued alumni cards in the past, they will still need to pre-arrange their visit through the campus visit form and register with security when they enter campus.
It is essential that we ensure the safety and security of our 4,000 current students and over 600 faculty and staff, so by updating our policies and procedures we have a better idea of who is on campus, when, and doing what. We really do love having alumni visit and our alumni are a vital part of our community!
Alumni should make appointments in advance through the campus visit form to avoid any disappointment in not being able to come onto campus and visit with faculty or staff. If an alum comes to campus without an appointment, security will show them to the advancement office to talk with the alumni team to confirm their status as an alumni and determine if a visit that day is possible.
Alumni may not come to campus to simply hang out with friends because it can be disruptive to the academic day. Alumni who want to see specific teachers or staff should contact them in advance to schedule a day and time to visit and also complete a campus visit form prior to visiting. Please see more information below about former students who are currently elementary school, middle school or high school students wanting to attend classes with friends.
Definitely! You can either come back to visit with your family or you may come back to spend some time with a friend during the academic day if arranged in advance.
If you are an elementary school student, you may eat lunch or stay for recess with an SAS friend. An adult must be on campus during your visit and with you when you are not with your friend at lunch or recess. Please ask your SAS friend to complete an elementary school visitor form at least 24 hours prior to your visit.
If you are a middle or high school student and you would like to visit classes with a friend currently enrolled at SAS, please ask your friend to submit a class visit form (available in the MS and HS offices) at least 24 hours in advance.
Please complete a campus visit form so that we can let security know you are coming!
Yes! If you are at least 18 years old and want to use the APEX facilities and track, you do not need to schedule an appointment in advance. You will need to show your alumni ID card to the security staff at the main gate during open hours: 4:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturdays during the school year. If you do not have an alumni ID, you can still access these facilities but you must come during business hours, so you need to arrive by 4:30 p.m. and check in with the alumni team for verification before proceeding.