Each year nearly 300 college and university representatives come to SAS to meet with students, counselors, and interested parents.
- Are you a student and unsure what you should do when a college representative visits? We have provided some student hints to help you make the most of a representative's visit. Keeping your Family Connection prospective college list updated will result in automatic email reminders when colleges of interest visit us.
- For College Admission Representatives: How to Schedule an SAS Visit
- Admission representatives are welcome during student breaks from 9:55 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. or 11:35 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. It will be a better visit if you are able to come for the 35 minute break; however, we understand you are scheduling multiple visits so coming during the 9:55 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. break may be necessary.
- Please look at the calendar below and then complete the Google form under the calendar to schedule your visit. We encourage you to arrive 15-20 minutes early, if possible, in order to spend some time with the counselors before your meeting with students begins.
- Important Note: We are happy to have multiple college visits at the same time on the same day. Please feel free to request a date even if you see that other representatives are scheduled to come during your preferred date and time.
- Are you an admission officer planning a trip to Singapore? Click for information which can help you arrange your visit.
SAS is in the far northern part of the island and the "city" of Singapore (Orchard Road) is in the southern part. From one place to the other, it usually takes about a 30 minutes in a taxi and costs around S$20-S$30 (depending on whether there is a peak hour surcharge), or US$20. Tipping is not expected and is actually discouraged by the government. You should plan to arrive 30 minutes before the student presentation time. Feel free to arrive early, use our wifi, read the paper, and relax. If you find you're running late, please call us at (+65) 6360-6501.
It is also possible to get to our school on the Singapore MRT (subway). It takes about 50 minutes of total travel time from Orchard Road MRT to to Marsiling MRT (red line) including the 15 minute walk to our campus. Here is a Google map showing our exact location and Marsiling station.
If you are tightly scheduled with visits to several schools you may wish to charter a car and driver for the day. Two companies offering hourly, half day and full day bookings are Limousine Cab and Limo Taxi. These can be booked online in advance. Your hotel concierge can also help you with booking of a taxi or car. If you are traveling in a small group, hiring a taxi van for the day can be less expensive than paying for two taxis. The convenience of having someone wait for you can take the stress out of your visits and can also allow you to schedule yourself more efficiently.
Arriving on Campus
Please bring some ID other than your passport with you since you will be asked to exchange an ID card for a visitor's pass at the security gate. After stopping at security, ask the taxi driver to turn right at the round-about.
To get to our office, go past the middle school entrance (the first large semi-circular overhang after turning right) and continue to the second semi-circular overhang, which is the high school entrance. The College Counseling Office is located on the 3rd floor directly above the high school office. Once you go up the main high school stairs, the high school office is on your right. Go up one more flight of stairs (or take the elevator directly in front of you) to the third floor.